The gastric sleeve surgery in Lubbock cures each and every ailment in your digestive system and changes your depressing era into a healthy state. The treatment’s success can only be witnessed once the patient has implemented each and every suggestion that the doctor ordered. Here in this essay, we will discuss how to prepare for gastric sleeve surgery.
Let us discuss what conditions are needed to settle in this kind of treatment.
Patient’s criterion before the gastric sleeve
- The patient is considered to be qualified for the gastric sleeve surgery when he/she has a Body Mass Index (BMI), which is more than 40. Also, if the BMI is somewhere around 35 with conditions such as type 2 diabetes, heart diseases, etc., the patient can also go for the therapy.
- Taking essential tips from a particular dietician about what diet should be followed while preparing for gastric sleeve.
- After the surgery, the patient tends to feel discomfort and, in that case, carrying baggy clothes is a great alternative.
- Put a stop to every bad habit that includes the consumption of alcohol and tobacco. Make an effort to give up smoking for at least one month before preparing for gastric sleeve surgery.
- Your surgeon would recommend you to hold or make changes in your medication schedule for 2 to 3 weeks before.
After the gastric sleeve
- Follow the correct diet or go on a fluid diet for some weeks after the treatment. Do not include drinks that contain high-level sugar such as soft drinks, beer, etc.
- Protein should be the primary nutrient that must be there in your diet after your Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Lubbock. The requirement of protein in your everyday should be around 65 to 80 grams. Start with light meat and egg whites.
- The family members must provide you with physical and psychological assistance as you might be taking time to recover fully.
As we have mentioned earlier, your dream can only turn into reality if you choose the right path. We believe that you have got the appropriate information that you need to pursue both before and after your gastric sleeve surgery. Are you looking for assistance for yourself or anyone from your family? Still confused about what all things are needed to obey? Check out and go for the finest expert in your locality for perfect guidance about your health.