Paragard is an IUD (Intrauterine Device) which is completely free of hormones. Its only 1 active ingredient decreases the risk of pregnancy to 99%. A healthcare provider places the Paragard in the uterus of the women, and it helps to prevent pregnancy for almost 10 years. It is most useful when a woman does not want to take birth control pills on daily basis. If a woman feels like doing family planning, then there is no need to worry because the Paragard IUD can be removed anytime, and she will immediately get her ability of getting pregnant again. It is FDA approved and it does not cause side effects related hormones.
What can a woman expect from Paragard IUD?
She will not feel it once it is placed, but a monthly check up is crucial to make sure that both the thin threads of device are in place. Even while intimating, it does not bother at all. Also, her periods will be as regular as they were before the placement of Paragard IUD.
Imperative safety measures:
- If a woman has any pelvic disease such as infection, cancer, or allergy, then she should not use Paragard.
- If it comes out, or a woman is facing irregularity in her periods, or consistently suffering from abdominal pain, then she should immediately consult with her healthcare provider.
- If Paragard goes inside the uterus, it can cause several health issues.
- Pregnancy is quite rare with Paragard, but if it happens then it can lead to infertility, miscarriage or even death.
- Periods bleeding can get heavier with Paragard.
- Paragard cannot provide protection from HIV or STDs.
Paragard IUD Lawsuit:
If a woman is injured by the Paragard IUD, because it has fractured inside her uterine cavity, then she can ask for financial compensation. This claim is called as Paragard IUD Lawsuit. If any pharmaceutical company manufactures defective contraceptive devices and do not properly guide the health cares to remove them without their breakage, an action can be taken against it. The company must pay for woman’s pain, doctor’s bills, and even fertility treatments as well. A woman can file a case through a law firm if she has suffered from the following problems:
- Paragard’s breakage during the process of removal.
- If the Paragard drops out of the uterus.
- If the IUD is permanently embedding in the uterus.
- Its relocation to different parts of the body.
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- Irritation or hypersensitive response due to the copper left in the body.
- Scarring and harm to body organs.
- Risk of death due to the above-mentioned wounds.
Paragard is beneficial if a woman wants to prevent pregnancy, and if it is properly placed in the uterus, then there is only 1% failure rate of this contraceptive device. But if it is causing injuries in the woman’s uterine cavity or she is suffering from any pain or discomfort, then she can go for Paragard IUD Lawsuit against the pharmaceutical company.