Whether you’ve always had those think lips or lost the volume due to aging, using a lip injection treatment is the right choice to make to add volume to the area. A lip injection treatment can help enjoy an instantly more youthful and rejuvenated appearance without any side effect. Here in this blog we will discuss some dos and don’ts of the best lip injections Toronto.
Dos and Don’ts of Lip Injection
When injected by a licensed and certified dermatologist, cosmetic lip injection treatment is safe and easy. However, just like any other treatment, there are certain things that you can do to ensure the best results and minimize any side-effects.
- Let the dermatologist know about your health. In case you are dealing with cold sores during your consultation, it is very important that you let him (or her) know.
- It is very important that you drink enough water before and after the lip injection treatment. Water helps increase your body’s ability to heal.
- Keep in mind the recovery time for the swelling/bruising that may happen due to the lip injection treatment. The swelling or bruising can last for up to one week and it’s very normal so there is nothing to worry about these minor issues.
- Carry with you a picture of what you are expecting from the best lip injections Toronto so that you can be sure about getting the best results from the treatment. It will also help the specialist to use the right amount of filler during the treatment.
- Be positive and do not expect unrealistic outcomes from the lip injections. If you want drastic changes, you are going to need more than one treatment.
- Stay prepared for some discomfort that may happen due to the injection. Remember the lips are very sensitive so it is quite normal for this area to face some discomfort. It may feel a bit of pain.
- Once the treatment is done, it is important that you use ice to the area. It will help you with the bruising and the swelling as well.
- It is going to take some time to see the results so you should be patient to see how exactly you will look after the treatment.
- Do not try to use any kind of anti-inflammatory medicines or ointments to your lips prior or after the treatment. It can result in thinning your blood and increasing the risk of bruising and bleeding.
- Never massage the lips after the lip injection therapy as this can affect the amount of volume achieved and also move the filler. In case of lumpiness, make sure to talk to your practitioner immediately.
- Don’t expect the lip fillers to be permanent as this is not a forever treatment. The results are usually going to last for about 6-12 months.
- Do not sleep flat as elevating your head while sleeping will keep the swelling down.
Keep in mind these tips and you will enjoy good results for longer.